Ask your MP to scrap the Minimum Income Requirement

Families are being kept apart based on what they earn. We believe this is wrong - but we need your help to make change happen

Any British person or settled resident who earns less than £18,600 a year - a level far higher than the minimum wage - is not allowed to live in the UK with a partner from outside Europe.

That means hundreds of thousands of NHS staff, care workers, teaching assistants and social workers don’t earn enough to build a life here with a partner from outside the EEA.

What's more, we'll never know how many British citizens have been forced to leave the UK because the current rules say they don’t earn enough to build a life here with their partner.

These rules tear loving couples apart and have a devastating impact on children - you can find out more about them here, and read the stories of affected families here

We believe that your right to love should never be based on what you earn.

Take action with us now by writing to your MP, asking them to help us scrap the Minimum Income Requirement.

Just type in your postcode below. You'll be taken to a page with a message for your MP, where you can enter your details. Feel free to personalise the message, and then just hit 'Send' at the bottom of the page to be part of bringing families together, where they belong.